Next Year’s Conference
We have secured the location & dates for the 2019 NCP Conference and are excited to announce we will be heading back to Naples, FL on October 16 & 17, 2019!! We have not opened registration yet but expect to do this by December 1. Please be sure to come back in December as that is when the BEST and DEEPEST discounts for conference registration will be available.
2018 NCP Conference in the Books!
Earlier this year… September 26 & 27 to be exact… affordable housing professionals from all over the country descended New Orleans to attend the 15th Annual National Compliance Professional Conference! We came together to learn the latest industry news, brainstorm & problem-solve some of the most tricky compliance and management issues, and solidify lasting relationships with their peers in all walks of affordable housing.
Keeping this year’s theme… Geeks Talking… Compliance, Property Management & Affordable Housing… in mind, we tackled several important topics including:
- The hottest issues, latest news and opinions in affordable housing including an update to the happenings on the Hill plus the newest legislation and proposals affecting our industry.
- The newest minimum set-aside option commonly known as income averaging including how to work with your state HFA and investors to get this new option implemented successfully.
- Practical & tested strategies for handling acquisition/rehabs and re-syndicated deals with 3 of the industry’s largest investors, an experienced state HFA representative and a special management guest who has completed rent-up on over 15 of these properties in the last 2 years.
- The various student rules in affordable housing including how to work with them on blended properties.
- The newest income oddities facing our industry including Uber/Lyft & other solo-prenuerships, funding platforms like Go Fund Me & Kickstarter, and recurring deposits found on bank statements from PayPal, Venmo, Google Wallet, etc.
- Strategies for setting up your compliance shop offered by an esteemed panel of compliance operation virtuoso who shared how they designed & implemented compliance operations that really work including what to get from you development team, how to make sound policy decisions, how to negotiate & compromise with your State HFAs and investors and how to implement technology into the mix that helps rather than hinders.
- Plus fair housing, open Q&A and tons of networking with your peers from all over the country!
I want to give a big shout out to this year’s conference sponsors. Without these companies, I could not make this event so incredibly fantastic, bring in the caliber of speakers I do or provide as much networking time! Thank you so much!