2017 NCP Conference a Success!!
On October 11 & 12, 2017, affordable housing professionals from all over the country descended on my hometown – Madison, WI – to attend the 14th Annual National Compliance Professional Conference! We came together to learn the latest industry news, brainstorm & problem-solve some of the most tricky compliance and management issues, and solidify lasting relationships with their peers in all walks of affordable housing.
Keeping this year’s theme… Mastering Affordable Housing Together… in mind, we tackled several important topics including:
- The hottest issues, latest news and opinions in affordable housing including the new VAWA implementation rules, the latest on HOTMA, and an update on what is happening on the Hill with the new administration.
- How to predict income limits and maximize our corresponding rent revenues using alternative utility allowances.
- Worked through the practical application of the Acquisition Rehab rent up rules and the HOME Program’s requirements when income increases occur.
- We also had 2 fantastic round table discussion/brainstorming sessions. One on eligibility and the other on blended Housing Credit properties where we tackled some of the more difficult issues we must handle in both cases.
- And, a fun yet informative session on What NOT To Do when handling fair housing on our property which was taught through a series of skits acted about by some of our regular attendees.
Thank you to the 2017 Conference Sponsors!
I want to give a big shout out to this year’s conference sponsors. Without these companies, I could not make this event so incredibly fantastic, bring in the caliber of speakers I do or provide as much networking time! Thank you so much!
Next Year’s Conference
As you can imagine, Bobbi and I were quite tired after the conference but after a short rest are already gearing up for next year’s event! As always, we are looking to hold the event in October but plan to announce the exact dates & location in December! If you have any ideas or insights, please email us at [email protected] as we are always looking for input on dates, locations, speakers and agenda topics!