Join your industry peers from around the country to tackle the biggest compliance & managements issues and discuss & share practical solutions! Packed with information helping you effectively and efficiently streamline your operations, the 2017 NCP Conference is the one event you won’t want to miss.
A place to…
- RE-CHARGE your batteries…
- LEARN the latest news & opinions…
- DISCUSS solutions with the best in the business… and
- CREATE lasting relationships with peers from all over the country!
Whether you are new to affordable housing or a veteran with years of experience, the 2017 NCP Conference will give you so much insight into today’s world of compliance and property management that you will literally walk away with:
- Dozens of easy-to-implement ideas;
- Numerous solutions to your compliance concerns, and
- A conference-experience like you never had before!
As with all of our NCP Conferences (this is our 14th annual event), this year’s agenda will once again be jam-packed with incredible sessions where open discussion is strongly encouraged… all of which are fantastic brainstorming opportunities… giving you hundreds of practical solutions for protecting your properties in today’s compliance & occupancy era! And because, we believe all work and no play makes it difficult to learn, we will have FUN while we learn!
Numerous networking opportunities,
informative discussions and
the event few miss… the networking reception.
You may not know this, but the National Compliance Professional Advisory Board and Elizabeth Moreland Consulting, Inc. work incredibly hard to make the NCP Conference different. Something that you don’t see in the million and one other conferences you have the opportunity to attend. In fact, we shouldn’t even call it a “conference” as that word conjures up visions of panel session after panel session, boring speakers, little time for meaty issues, and the after effects of wishing there had been more.
Instead, the National Compliance Professional Conference is
a huge brainstorming & networking opportunity
for industry professionals that really
care about compliance & management
and is a place where
YOU WILL GET:
- Ample time to discuss and dissect meaty issues;
- Discussion-based education on the hottest issues of the day;
- Realistic answers to your questions; and
- Networking opportunities with peers from all over the country who do what you do!!
The 2017 NCP Conference is in Madison, WI on October 11 & 12, 2017. Madison is Wisconsin’s Capitol city and is one of the most naturally beautiful metropolitan areas in the country. Surrounded by five glacial lakes and a world-class university, the city is an extraordinary blend of commerce, recreation and cultural opportunities. Plus it is Elizabeth’s hometown and she can’t wait to show it off to you!
Our conference venue, the Madison Concourse Hotel & Governor’s Club, is a fantastic hotel with convenient access to the downtown area and the ever-popular State Street where you will find eclectic shops & a variety of nightlife. Beyond being a great meeting place, the hotel’s amenities include…
- Ample meeting space so we can spread out while discussing the issues of the day.
- Multiple options including Circ Restaurant, The Bar & Starbucks to keep us fueled.
- A fitness center, indoor pool, whirlpool, sauna & men/women’s locker rooms.
- Plus the option to reserve your room in the impressive Governor’s Club
- Located on the hotel’s top three floors
- Includes access to its private lounge featuring stunning views of the Capitol
- Includes complimentary breakfast, hors d’oeuvres, dessert & top-shelf cocktails.
And at the end of each day, you will find yourself only a short walk to live music, award-winning restaurants, fantastic theaters, comedy clubs, several museums and the acclaimed University of Wisconsin. Because the area has so much to offer, we will be sure to put a list & map together so you can easily determine & locate what best suits you.
Hotel accommodations include the option to book on the premier level for $169/night or the Governor’s Club level for $209/night.
We filled up the original room block that expired on September 12, 2017.
But we have expanded & extended it to September 22, 2017.
To book your room
- CALL HOTEL
- TOLL FREE: 1-800-356-8293
- Reference: EMC 2017 National Compliance Professional Conference
- BOOK ONLINE
- CLICK HERE for standard reservation
- Standard reservation is Tue 10/10 to Fri 10/13
- Call the hotel if you wan to extend your stay.
REMEMBER: Room block expires 9/22/2017
Drum roll please… the Conference Agenda is now available!! Finally!
I know it may seem late in coming, but, as we have had relatively little new news occurring in our industry, I wanted to craft an agenda that was timely and relative to the place we find ourselves with in the industry. This meant waiting as long as I could so I could be sure to include the latest information and provide the most impactful content.
I think you are going to be pleased with the fantastic line-up we have in store!
We have an incredible array of talented speakers this year including…
- Anthony J. Alfieri, managing director of RBC Capital’s Tax Credit Equity Group and current President of the Affordable Housing Tax Credit Coalition who will report the latest news from Washington, DC.
- Thomas Stagg from Novogradac & Company,
- Jo Johnson Ikelheimer from the National Center of Housing Management and
- Missy Covington from Raymond James Tax Credit Funds.
Plus we will have our regular gurus returning including…
- Scott Michael Dunn from Costello Compliance,
- Matt Rayburn from the Indiana Housing & Community Development Authority,
- Sharon Harper Ivey from Concord Management and
- Elizabeth Moreland, Elizabeth Moreland Consulting, Inc. & the Housing Credit Training Center.
- News from the Hill and Beyond
- Understanding & Implementing the New VAWA Rules
- Predicting Income Limits & Maximizing Rental Income Via Alternative Utility Allowances
- Rehabs, Credits & 8609s… Oh My!
- Two HOME-focused sessions:
- HOME Basics and
- Dealing with Income Increases on HOME Units
Plus we will be holding two in-depth discussion groups where we will hash over:
- Eligibility and
- Blended Housing Credit Properties
Also this year we are going to…
- Take a unique approach to fair housing with our Fair Housing… What NOT To Do session where we will use a series of fun skits to teach this important subject.
- And of course, we will round out the 2-day event with the ever-popular Q&A… Anything Goes session where attendees can revisit topics previously discussed or get the answers to questions on topics not addressed.
The normal conference price is $1198, but there are 2 discounts in which you may be able to take advantage. Please note, the registration price will increase on September 1st.
NCP Discount: Being a current NCP has its benefits including a special membership level discount.
♦ NCP Gold: Deduct $200
♦ NCP Silver: Deduct $100
♦ NCP Regular: Deduct $50 (Includes 2017 subscription to The Compliance Monitor)
♦ Non-NCP: No discount (Includes 2017 NCP Membership & subscription to The Compliance Monitor)
PLEASE NOTE: If you are registering multiple team members,
apply the highest membership level held by one of the attendees to all.
Go Green Discount: Save a few trees, register online & DEDUCT $25!
We couldn’t put on such a great event without the assistance of our NCP Conference sponsors!
The fastest way to register & secure the deepest discount is to register online with a credit card. But we understand you may need to register offline, so we have provided that option as well. Simply click on the appropriate link below to register. If choose the OFFLINE link, you will be able to print out the registration form which can be submitted to our office via fax or email as indicated on the form but be sure to factor in the additional time.