A perfect way to learn the complex compliance requirements of the Low Income Housing Tax Credit Program, known as the Rental Housing Tax Credit (RHTC) program in Indiana, with a specific focus on the Indiana Housing & Community Development Authority (IHCDA) interpretations & procedural requirements. Fully approved by IHCDA. Fully updated in February 2020 to include new provisions contained in IHCDA’s updated compliance manual and IHCDA’s implementation expectations in regards to the new minimum set-aside option known as the Average Income Test.
The Low Income Housing Tax Credit Program and its compliance requirements are complex. In this 3 hour introductory course, Elizabeth will provide even the greenest of green staff a general overview and a glimpse at the site-level eligibility requirements of this program commonly BUT CENTERED AROUND the specific compliance requirements mandated by the Indiana Housing & Community Development Authority (IHCDA).
Fully approved by IHCDA.
Broken into 5 sections, Elizabeth provides…
- A general overview of how the program works and a bit of history so you can understand how the program has come to be what it is today. During this overview, she will explain IHCDA’s viewpoint including what compliance is including the ramifications of being in noncompliance.
- An explanation on the eligibility rules including income eligibility, full-time students and other special household member rules including IHCDA’s specific requirements.
- A view into how IHCDA wants eligibility verified and documented including the specific forms they require.
- An examination into the income calculations used in the income eligibility determination.
- A review of the Tax Credit Program’s special rules but with an IHCDA-interpretation focus.
- A discussion on IHCDA’s reporting requirements and an overview of its Online Management System.
This course is important for any person working on a
Rental Housing Tax Credit (RHTC) property in Indiana!