Receive a comprehensive introduction to the Low Income Housing Tax Credit Program and its compliance requirements. A perfect way to get started learning or to refresh the knowledge you already have.
The Low Income Housing Tax Credit Program and its compliance requirements are complex. In this 3 hour introductory course, Elizabeth will provide even the greenest of green staff a general overview and a glimpse at the site-level eligibility requirements of this program commonly called the Tax Credit or Housing Credit Program.
Broken into 5 sections, Elizabeth provides…
- A general overview of how the program works and a bit of history so you can understand how the program has come to be what it is today. During this overview, she will explain who the players are, how the program differs from other affordable housing programs and what compliance is including the ramifications of being in noncompliance.
- An explanation on the eligibility rules including income eligibility, full-time students and other special household member rules.
- A view into the 5 step eligibility determination process which includes the applicant interview, application intake, verification, income calculation and final eligibility determination.
- An initial examination into the income calculations used in the income eligibility determination.
- Important information on eligibility documentation that will keep your properties safeguarded from noncompliance.
This course is important for any new hire
but also invaluable to any staff supervisor and veteran
to keep them fresh and on top of their game!