Put Elizabeth on your team!! Compliance Coach is our Low Income Housing Tax Credit compliance hotline. A place for you to get answers to your questions and advice on compliance issues with a guarantee response in 48 hours!
Tax Credit Supervisors: Stop Setting Your Site Staff Up For Failure!
Answers To Their Compliance Questions Are Only An Email Away!
to sign up today!
for offline brochure
As you all know, Tax Credit professionals have time to spare. The properties are overstaffed and no one is ever stressed… or wait, was that a dream I had last night? Must have been!
Who am I kidding? Tax Credit managers and compliance specialists have one of the most stressful, thankless jobs there is. Anyone that has been in one of these positions for more than a day knows this. More importantly, YOU know this!
Tax Credit management and compliance can be very tricky! The resident scenarios alone can easily trip you up and put you in noncompliance, let alone rules like the Full-Time Student Rule, Unit Transfer Rule, The Unit Vacancy Rule and The Available Unit Rule. There are so many scenarios and so many factors that come into play. The worst thing is…
One uncooperative tenant …
One fraudulent applicant…
Can cause you to lose THOUSANDS of dollars in Tax Credits! THOUSANDS!
Most of the Tax Credit questions you have are not simple either. They don’t just pertain to a single rule. Rather they are entangled with a long, drawn out resident scenarios. The questions you have not only have to be answered on a compliance level, but also have to be answered within keeping of local landlord tenant laws, fair housing and they must have a practical application within the realistic world of property management and resident relations. That is a lot!
You know what I mean…
- You get an applicant that comes in with 3 kids, 1 that is a full-time student living away from home, and one that is a friend’s kid that the applicant doesn’t have custody of, plus a boyfriend that you aren’t sure is going to be living in the unit or appears to be hiding information and you have to qualify them for a Tax Credit apartment.
- You get a person that comes in with a living will and a slew of stocks, bonds and retirement accounts that go beyond the normal income & asset scenarios and you have to verify and evaluate them and determine how they will affect eligibility.
- What about the resident that won’t cooperate with the annual recertification process and is stirring up trouble with the other residents convincing them not to cooperate with the process as well causing you to be late with your annual recertifications!
When you try to get answers to your questions or guidance, what usually happens? The deer-in-the-headlights factor! Right? That is if you can get a hold of anyone to talk. Most questions need answering immediately or else we run the risk of losing an otherwise great potential resident. Or we run the risk of making a decision without proper guidance and end up creating more work and potential noncompliance!
Sure, you can call your State Agency, your investor, your accountant or your attorney. But…
- If you call your STATE AGENCY OR INVESTOR… what happens? You call attention to yourself and your compliance problem. You also are not ensured of getting a correct answer! Especially when the question relates to an entangled resident scenario that encompasses property management techniques, fair housing, landlord/tenant law as well as Tax Credit compliance. Certainly you should ascertain your State Agency’s and your investor’s opinions, but you can’t stop there as their opinions are limited to their scope of expertise and you can’t be sure how extensive that scope of expertise is. State Agency and investor personnel are the first ones to tell you they are not experts in property management and fair housing! They will answer the question as it pertains to compliance and compliance alone! It may not have a sound basis in realistic management techniques, meet fair housing laws or be legally sound according to your local/landlord tenant law.
- If you call your ATTORNEY OR ACCOUNTANT… what happens? Well, you can expect to pay anywhere from $200 to $400 per hour! Yikes!! That is just out of the question with your limited budgets. Plus, most attorneys and accountants are not experts in BOTH Tax Credits and property management. Again, you will most likely get a very one-dimensional answer that doesn’t have any practicality in the real world and often doesn’t encompass the all important fair housing issues.
Hello, my name is Elizabeth Moreland. I own and operate Elizabeth Moreland Consulting and the Housing Credit Training Center. Through both of these companies I work hard to make Tax Credit managers and compliance specialists compliance confident! I once was a property manager and a compliance specialist just like you. I remember the frustrations, the fear of noncompliance and the constant nagging questions … but mostly, I remember the LACK OF ANSWERS! First, it was difficult to find anyone to ASK a question to. And then, if I was lucky enough to talk to someone, it was nearly impossible to get a STRAIGHT ANSWER!
So I decided to do something about it! I immersed myself in the Tax Credit Program, the Code and anything I could get my hands on. I read, I studied … and then I read and studied some more. Every chance I could get, I networked with others in the business and gleaned as much information from them as was humanly possible. I pestered my State Agencies. I called the IRS. I chatted with the gurus of the day. It took a lot of time. A lot of work. And a lot of perseverance.
To this day, I use the same approach to keep myself in the know. I have accumulated an incredible library of Tax Credit books, Code provisions, and articles on the subject. I have accumulated a list of industry contacts that I can call at a moments notice to chat with about difficult scenarios and I have a working relationship with the majority of State Monitoring Agencies across the country and with the IRS personnel administrating the Tax Credit Program for Congress. It takes a lot of time. A lot of work. And a lot of perseverance.
“Finally, someone who can translate IRS verbiage into English. Yahoo!” Teri Hoerntlein, Comm. Manager, Southern Cal. Housing, Rancho Cucamonga, CA
“Elizabeth Moreland is completely jiggy with Housing Credits.” Jon Brown, Programmer, Real Page, Inc., Dallas, TX
“The absolute industry leader! A must for anyone in Sect 42 housing.” Kristin Saddoris, Dir. of Section 42 Development, Conlin Properties Inc., Des Moines, IA
“Elizabeth brings a passion to the housing credit industry with a vast array of knowledge, practice, application, hands-on experience, then sprinkles it with a sense of humor.” Donna Overstreet, General Manager, Cypress Point, Casa Grande, AZ
“Tax credit property on-site staff & managers deserve the knowledge Elizabeth shares. She definitely delivers.” Barbara W. Soloway, Senior Property Officer, Westbrook Housing Authority, Westbrook, ME
So what does this have to do with YOU??
What if I told you that for LESS THAN $1.92 PER DAY…
- You could have me & my knowledge on your team answering your compliance questions.
- You could email me your scariest or most confusing compliance scenario and I will use my expertise & experience to resolve it!
- You have my GUARANTEE that you will actually get a response to your question in 48 hours or less!!
Sounds like heaven on earth, right? A Tax Credit manager or compliance specialist’s dream! Actual answers to your questions! Straight answers backed up by solid research, years of experience and documented expertise! And all you have to do is email your scenario and I will respond to you within 48 hours or less GUARANTEED!
We call it our Compliance Coach! A technical support hotline for YOU to get the answers to your questions. Whether you just want to run something by me or you have a problem that you haven’t been able to get anyone to give you a straight answer on, with the Compliance Coach, I AM ONLY AN EMAIL AWAY and I won’t charge you an arm & a leg!!
to sign up today!
for offline brochure
“The Compliance Coach has been an excellent resource for me in my responsibility for the compliance monitoring of multiple projects and thousands of units. It’s great to have a third-party consultant that is experienced in LIHTC compliance and is so easily accessible.” Cathy McCoy Soakai, Compliance Specialist, Evergreene Management Group, Salt Lake City, UT
For a mere $699 per year, you get:
- One hour per month FREE to discuss your compliance issues with the industry’s most respected compliance expert — Elizabeth Moreland! You get 1 hour of our time each and every month to discuss whatever issues or questions you have. My Compliance Coach discussions averages 10 to 15 minutes and I have never had a person use more than 1 hour of their free time unless they requested we complete a special project for them. You pay $699 per year. Period the end! (Unless of course you hire us for additional projects, opinion letters or consulting.)
- Access via e-mail! Contact is simple & convenient and on our dime. I will also give you a special email address to use as I know email is the most convenient and useful tools as it is not only fast & convenient but it allows you to maintain a record of our conversation.
- A UNIQUE perspective … state, national and most importantly REALISTIC! I personally have been working with this program since 1989 and have done everything from site management to compliance specialist to a director of a large compliance department. I have also been a leading industry trainer since 1995. My advice is proven and works in the real world!
- A GUARANTEED response in 48 hours or less! Our office receives hundreds of phone calls, countless emails and faxes. They are hard to get through in a day. Plus, I travel a lot. But as a Compliance Coach customer, I rank you as our most important. You get first priority! I will give you an account number and all you have to do is reference it in the subject line of your email so I know you get top priority. I then respond within 48 hours.
- ONE affordable price for your entire portfolio! You pay only once not for each property!
- The SECURITY & CONVENIENCE of assigning up to 3 key people at your company who can use the Compliance Coach for the same price! Remember, I was a manager once too. I’ve supervised site personnel. I understand that you want to maintain control over who is able to contact your outside consultants and to ensure that the information that is gained is given to key people who have the ability to share with other sites so all your entire staff learns from the answers given and you reduce repeat questions.
All of that for less than $1.92 per day!!!
So for only $699 per year… PER YEAR NOT per month, per day or per hour… PER YEAR… you can have the confidence to know that I am there to help you answer your compliance questions and help you resolve your difficult scenarios! For less than $59 per month, you can have the guarantee that you will get a response to your email within 48 hours and for less than $1.92 per day I will answer your question with sound, practical advice based on the latest rules, interpretations and opinions held by our Industry.
Sound information that is based on true Tax Credit compliance expertise, steeped in reality and filled with proven management strategies! All for less than $1.92 per day!!!
“Thanks for your outstanding consulting services. It’s great to have an organization with your expertise to call upon in our hour of need!!” Joan Taylor, Property Administrator, Corcoran Jennison Management Company (Villages at Marley Station), Glen Burnie, MD
to sign up today!
for offline brochure